iAccount on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jayphen, May 4, 2010.

1. Jayphen macrumors newbie

The one thing I feel is really lacking on the iPad is user accounts. There is a Cydia app for the iPhone that handles this called iAccounts… Does anyone know if this works on the iPad too?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think the iPad is something like the iPhone and iPod touch… devices designed not to be shared.

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Just buy a separate iPad for everyone who might be using it.

4. Jayphen thread starter macrumors newbie

All very valid and intelligent ideas. Not quite answering my question though.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

This has been discussed many times. Personally I think it's very important to have some sort of user restriction, I do not see it as being the same as a phone. I do have to wonder if Apple is purposely leaving this out in order to sell more iPads. That would be unfortunate. As it is, it's very difficult (even potentially dangerous) to share an iPad around, especially to semi-strangers, which is a shame for a device that begs to be shared. Hopfully it's just something Apple hasn't gotten to yet (the initial software has a lot of rough edges and omissions, it was clearly rushed for launch) and they'll add it in a future update.

6. Jayphen thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure that any of you actually read my initial post…

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Sorry, I guess I didn't read it carefully enough. However, it does appear iAccounts is pretty buggy, so even if it does work on an iPad, is it worth it?

8. webvan macrumors member

So is anyone using iAccounts on their iPad or another (couldn't find one) "User Account" app ? Would come in handy here...everyone wants to use it!