Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stera8

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
My app update became rejected with a 7.2 rejection that the iAd should not display if there is no ad. In my last update I included a new view controller. Slapped on iAD but it is using the same code and H and M files.

Here is my code I submitted.

Code:
#pragma mark iAd Delegate Methods

-(void)bannerViewDidLoadAd: (ADBannerView *)banner {

[UIView beginAnimations: nil context: nil];

[UIView setAnimationDuration:1];

[banner setAlpha:1];

[UIView commitAnimations];

}

-(void)bannerView:(ADBannerView *)banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(NSError *)error {

[UIView beginAnimations: nil context: nil];

[UIView setAnimationDuration:0];

[banner setAlpha:0];

}
It has been approved in the past... so now I was given this code snippet from apple

Code:
Banner View Delegate to Remove a Banner View When Advertisements are Not Available:

- (void)bannerView:(ADBannerView *)banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(NSError *)error
{
if (self.bannerIsVisible)
{
[UIView beginAnimations:@"animateAdBannerOff" context:NULL];
// assumes the banner view is at the top of the screen.
banner.frame = CGRectOffset(banner.frame, 0, -banner.frame.size.height);
self.bannerIsVisible = NO;
}
}
Should I take out my banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError and simple replace it with their code?

Also I searched and found this : App rejected because of hidden whenever ad content is not being served by iAd

which brings me to, my app iAD is on the bottom of a landscape iPad...do I need to do anything else? Thank you for the help

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I don't know much about ads but I think your code hides the banner but doesn't put anything in its place. Their code looks like it zooms the frame offscreen. So the hiding UI is slightly different. Maybe they like their way better.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Can you provide screenshots of what your screen looks like with and without an ad? That should give us an idea of what we're dealing with. Thanks.

stera8

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
Can you provide screenshots of what your screen looks like with and without an ad? That should give us an idea of what we're dealing with. Thanks.

I'll try to get a few tomorrow. But to describe it is pretty basic. When iAD is not working, it's a white rectangle.

What confuses me is that my other app has been approved with the exact same iAd coding lol

Zelda

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2014
Your earlier app must have slipped through the cracks, leaving a white rectangle is the issue, as far as i know.

stera8

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
Your earlier app must have slipped through the cracks, leaving a white rectangle is the issue, as far as i know.

Yeah, I just resubmitted my other app to fix the issue.

To update...I found an easy tutorial that helped..

iAD implementation

However, now my issue is (which I commented on the tutorial asking) is that in my app you have a main screen and then you have three other screens. You arrive there via modals on a button press. My three sections are "buddy mode", "assessment mode", and "class mode". When I code it in with the above tutorial, it does not load on the title screen. That is fine since once I click into a mode the ad will load up. However if I go home, and then into another mode...an ad does not appear... any suggestions to get ads on all three of my modes?

app is in the iPad store "Goal Rubric"--free

Attachments

• pr_source-3.png
    pr_source-3.png
    386.1 KB · Views: 97
  • mzl.oquheyfw.png
    mzl.oquheyfw.png
    570.2 KB · Views: 86
  • pr_source-2.png
    pr_source-2.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 80
  • pr_source.png
    pr_source.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 87
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.