iAd not displaying on app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Danaldinho, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Danaldinho macrumors member

Hey,

I have an iOS app that uses the iAD network. A user who has downloaded the app in France can see an iAd banner fine, but I cannot see any iAd banners myself. I am from the UK.

In my account, I have the following stats over the past 14 days:

• 51,668 requests
    • 56 impressions
    • 0.11% fill rate
    • 0.12% iAd fill rate
    • 0.00% TTR

I have also not made any revenue for a good while.

The part about this I don't understand is that I used to make revenue from the iAd network and also see the banners myself around Summer last year.

I haven't changed any details and my contract is fine, so I don't know what has happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening and how I could fix it?

Thanks

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

There's nothing wrong with what you're observing, only with your assumption that anything should be different.

Something you didn't share with us is your market. iAds are generally for more pricey goods. If your primary market is children or young adults, then there aren't going to be iAds for them and you're not going to make money from iAds most of the year (the exception being during holiday shopping periods.)

If you're looking to make money, I suggest you use one of these three models:
    - Ad supported free app with very broad appeal to everyone
    - Freemium app
    - Polished pay for app targeted at people who make money.

3. Danaldinho thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, okay I think I understand a bit better now.

Cheers!