Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I'm trying to find out if anyone else is having really low fill rates for the apps where they are running iAds. I have been running for about 3 days now and have around a 10% fill rate overall.

Also has anyone else seen any other ads besides the nissan ad? That is the only ad I have seen in my app.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I'm getting fill rates of around 10% as well. Probably several factors behind this not the least of which is high CPMs. I've also seen Dove for Men ads along with Nissan, but that's it, so far.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
I think there's a number of reasons behind this.

First of all is iTunes' demographic targetting, this means that as a 30 something male you don't get the "Need a better tampon?" adverts pop up therefore if that's all that's available you don't get a fill.

The second (and I think most important reason in some cases) is that at the minute iAd is only really targetting the USA, now for me having put this into my VAT Calculator application it means my fill rate is something like 0.06% as most of the users are in the UK.

Suffice to say I'll be using AdMob for some of my ads for the moment, but perhaps a mediation service like AdWhirl might be for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.