Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarBourne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
I have acouple questions about the itouch's apps.

1.) Do all apps work on both the 1 g and 2 g ipod touch?

2.) Can you remove apps from your ipod once already on your ipod if u dont like them so to speak????

3.) is there really almost an app for everything? lol jk :p

DarkRyan323i

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
I have acouple questions about the itouch's apps.

1.) Do all apps work on both the 1 g and 2 g ipod touch?

2.) Can you remove apps from your ipod once already on your ipod if u dont like them so to speak????

3.) is there really almost an app for everything? lol jk :p

1. Pretty sure as long as you have the latest software update.

2. You can hold down the Home button, then click the x for any app you wish to delete. Then it will no longer sync to your iPod. You can also remove them from your iTunes library.

3. Yes, pretty much. And many more will come after 3.0 is released.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
1. Depends on the app, some might require hardware features of the 2G.

2. Yes, press and hold the app icon until it starts to wiggle. Click the x to delete.

3. Yes.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
1) you'll get notification when you download. if its for iphone only it'll tell you.

Actually, no, it doesn't. You can buy any and all apps that are available in the app store, and it's only when you try to sync them to the Touch that you get a message telling you it isn't compatible. This is because iTunes doesn't know if you have a Touch or iPhone, or which gen it is. Plus, some people have more than one device, or share their computer with other familiy members who might have different devices. So it makes sense that iTunes lets you buy any app. But this does mean that you need to double check the app description for compatibility with your device before you click buy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.