iARCompass - augmented reality compass and POI navigator

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iARCompass, Feb 24, 2012.

1. iARCompass, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

iARCompass macrumors newbie

iARCompass

[​IMG]

iTunes link: iARCompass

User experience video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eer0VmxN2jw

Interactive Augmented Reality (live camera view augmented by virtual elements) 3D compass with POI navigation and basic map features. Unlike other (regular) compasses this app can be used in absolutely any device orientation.

The blue barrel-shaped object behaves exactly as a real magnetized body in the Earth magnetic and gravity fields suspended in the air. It is touchable and flickable.

The virtual heading tape indicates true heading as soon as a position fix available, otherwise it falls back to magnetic heading.

A red marker (along with POI name and distance) indicates current 3D direction to a currently selected Point Of Interest.

Expected Sun position is also indicated in the augmented reality view - this could be useful for 'sanity checks' in harsh magnetic interference environments.

The app is compatible with iPhone 4/4S.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Ambient85 macrumors newbie

Great app - got it a week ago. By the way, I used it to teach my 5 yr old son about basic physics principles of compasses. I have a question though. How do I change the color of the compass?

3. iARCompass thread starter macrumors newbie

iARCompass

Thank you for the feedback.
    You cannot change the (blue) color of the "flying donut" in the current version, but we plan to implement it in future releases.

4. Ms- macrumors newbie

Is there any possibility to temporary remove the "flying donut" from the screen while running the app and just keep the yellow heading rose?

thanks

5. iARCompass thread starter macrumors newbie

iARCompass

In the current version the closest thing you can do is reduce the size of the compass to the minimum by pinching it. We will think about this in the upcoming versions.