IB Identity Inspector not recognizing my classes

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by newDeveloper, Jun 13, 2010.

1. newDeveloper macrumors newbie

I built several new classes, both interface and implementation files, within XCode and have since saved and ran my program successfully through iPhone simulator.

I added a "view XIB" to my resources directory and when opening it, I choose file owner to modify the class through identity inspector.

I do not see any of the classes that I have created in XCode. This has happened once before, a few months back, and I remember that I started over and that worked. Except now, my program is a little longer and I am more interested in learning what step I must have omitted or performed incorrectly so I can correct and move forward.

Ultimately I am trying to change the type of file owner to a class that I defined within XCode --> .h and .m files already written and properly compile.

Thoughts?

2. newDeveloper thread starter macrumors newbie

After further review...

So, I think I got it to work, but I don't understand why.

I told IB to "read a class" and I selected that class from the directory structure where my XCode project is stored.

Now, I can select that class for file owner using identity inspector.

What I can't explain is why I had to do this - I have done other projects like this one and IB typically shows all possible classes (native and custom) as options for me to select in identity inspector - or am I remembering this wrong.

I like to know "why" as opposed to just how to fix it.