iBallz looks TERRIBLE!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wrathwitch, May 11, 2012.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Is there anyone here other than those with really small children who they let use their iPad who would even think of strapping that thing onto your iPad???

:eek::eek::eek:

IMO it looks like if you were a circus clown and you wanted to fit in with the rest of the circus folk you might use something like that.

At first I thought it was a joke!

2. transphasic macrumors member

I thought it was a joke at first, like a fake product like this:

http://www.dvdrewinder.com/

It does remind me of this though:

http://www.ilcdover.com/Impact-Bags/

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

A) I'd never humiliate my iPad by strapping iBallz on it.
    B) Even if I did, my dog would probably destroy the iBallz thinking there were a toy for him.

4. number84 macrumors 6502

i have a small child that uses my iPad and would never put those things on it!

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

I had them for the ipad1 they were terrible. Struggle to use. Owner refunded my money and let me keep them so from that perspective they were A+

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Indeed it does... It was a good concept though, it would offer excellent protection!

7. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha so does wearing one of those full body sumo outfits everywhere you go!

Not disagreeing with you but I still can't believe those are a real product!

8. GirlOnChip macrumors newbie

iBallz has saved my iPad from numerous drops by my autistic child, who uses the iPad for language acquisition. The company (and it is a small company by my understanding) also supports some great organizations who work hard to avail tablet education to special needs students. iBallz offers great protection, is an admirable start-up company in the middle of a recession, and I don't know why you all are so negative about the product.

9. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry to hear about your autistic child.

Fact: iBalls is ugly
    Fact: I am sure it is helpful for special needs
    Fact: It is still ugly even if it fits a small niche

Other than a special needs individual I cannot imagine at any given time someone voluntarily strapping those balls onto their iPad. Which was the initial point of my somewhat superflous post.

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well sure, it's ugly, but you could argue that bulky cases like the Otterbox Defender are ugly too. It's hard to get protection without sacrificing looks and/or slimness.

11. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Here's an interesting question, which do you hate most about iBallz, the appearance or the name?

12. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Name.

13. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha I have to say it's more the look than the name. I mean if they made the balls look like eyes, that would be kinda cool. :D

14. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

The whole concept, if you are going to use that then why not just take a ballbat to your iPad, UGLY :eek:

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

16. robanga, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012

robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

its neat if for nothing else, you can tell someone to " get some iBallz"

17. sbrhwkp3 macrumors 6502a

sbrhwkp3

If it wasn't their style that made me hate them, it was the stupid theme music.

18. Mikephillips123 macrumors newbie

First of all my really good friend is the brother of the guy who made iballz and they do exactly what they say they do and I love them I am going to say when they first came out the cord stopper wasn't the greatest on them but they have improved the design a lot and now they are amazing they have saved my iPad a million times!!! They also stand behinde their product (warranty) so if iballz aren't for you please stop making fun of other peoples inventions he gets tons of sales from schools that have tabllets for young kids and they work awesome so please keep all of your negative comments to your selves and if you have had any problems with your iballz shoot them an email for help

19. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

This is an open forum, kid. No one was being intentionally mean. Besides, you can't tell people what they can and can't say or talk about.

And quite frankly, you should really use some punctuation if you expect this crowd to have any respect for your thoughts. You're only making things worse by posting, because this thread hadn't been posted to in a month. Now YOU just stirred it all up again.