ibattz aqua case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobr68, Jan 3, 2014.

1. bobr68 macrumors newbie

Anyone ever use this?
    http://www.ibattz.com/products_power_aquaseal.php

I've ordered one from Best Buy to replace my lenmar meridian/lifeproof fre combo and am not sure what to expect. Not going to use the waterproof too much so call quality may not be a huge deal...anyone have insight?

2. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

Seems nice. Please do a review :) Specially on display usability and voice call quality. Thanks.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

[​IMG]
    I will try to remember to post a review if I remember to. Samples sent from the company.

4. -ultimac- macrumors newbie

tried one, but a bit disappointed due to the aesthetic and feel of it

5. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

ibattz aqua case

The armor is the same thing but is not waterproof and it does not work with the iPhone 5s camera that well:
    Review of the Armor case:
    The ibattz Mojo Refuel Armor 2200mAh battery case for the iPhone 5 is an excellent choice if you are looking for a battery case that has a replaceable battery and one that has extreme protection.

Pros:
    -Uses a replaceable i9300 2200mAh battery (comes with 1) to charge the iPhone 5
    -The 2200mAh battery can provide up to 1 full charge of the iPhone 5
    -MFi/Apple Certified so it will work with no errors
    -Choice to use the bumper or the armor enclosure
    -Very slim design and rather lightweight while using the bumper
    -Can charge the iPhone though the case using a provided micro USB cable or your own without removing the case (iPhone will charge first then the battery will charge)
    -4 LED on the back to tell you how much battery power is left (each LED stands for 25%)
    -The case will turn off after iPhone is fully charged automatically
    -Easy to install and uninstall
    -Comes with a headphone extension so all headphone plugs will work (only Apple styled (earpods) headphone plugs will work without using the extension
    -All the cutouts and buttons are easily accessed on the bumper and the armor enclosure
    -Bumper and battery case has a good grip (more grip on the bumper)
    -Great grip when using the armor enclosure
    -Camera cutout is great and does not affect flash photos
    -Sound from speakers is directed at you
    -Works with film screen protectors
    -Little lip above the screen that protects the screen when faced down when using the bumper
    -Feels comfortable in the hand in both enclosures
    -The armor enclosure provides protection all around
    -Can attach a lanyard to the case

Note: Will only work with the iPhone 5s if the Touch ID and is not used.

Cons:
    -Does not allow syncing through the case using the provided micro USB cable or any other one
    -Built in screen protector looks like it has oil all over it and looks like it has a rainbow effect (-1 star)

This is a well-designed and protective iPhone 5 battery case and I highly recommend it.

7. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

Thanks, that's very useful. Can you tell us more on sound quality during calls, on both earpiece and microphone (does the other side feel the difference in sound)?

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I will report back when I get a chance to be on a phone call with the case. The armor case does not have a cover over the earpiece but I will report back with the aqua case.