iBeacons

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by matttye, Sep 15, 2013.

1. matttye macrumors 601

When do you think Apple are going to give us more details about this?

A lot of places are saying the details are still under NDA and they can't say too much about their iBeacon offerings.

I thought they might've said something about this during the iPhone 5s keynote but that came and went with no more info... :(

2. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I think for the amount of sales they generate, they are just massively understaffed. For a company that clearly hates the stitched leather look, what does the Find my Friends icon and UI have on launch day? yup the old stitched leather and old UI...so if they don't have enough people to work on these side applications to update for the new OS they are either unorganized or understaffed, I'll go with understaffed.

Just not enough people to get everything together in such a short time frame, they have everyone they can working on stability of the OS, and even with that the iPad version is not ready for prime time.

So iBeacons is on the back burner as are a lot of other things that will be more clear in the next update hopefully.

3. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

Could be.

I hope they integrate location reminders with iBeacons. 'Remind me when I connect to/leave an iBeacon...'

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

They are waiting for release day to push updates to their apps. Remember, find my friends, etc. are not stock iOS apps. They are separate downloads. They will be updated with the release of iOS 7.