iBlacklist and iOS 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SeVeN, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

so i jb'd my phone after the update, installed iblacklist then it asked me to reboot device. buts its a tethered jb so it just got stuck on the apple screen. so i used redsnow to boot tethered, but now whenever i open any app, the screen image gets small and sits at the top left. has anyone ever had this problem? how can i reboot my phone safely after a cydia install on a tethered phone?

2. tehreflex macrumors 6502

If you have SBSettings, put phone in Safe Mode and then respring to fix the mini screen issue. You'll have to do this every time you reboot, I think activator or something causes it.

3. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

On my phone, it's winter board that caused it. Not sure if it's fixed now that the updated Winterboard is out/soon to hit Cydia.

Activator, if downloaded as the iOS5 beta version, won't cause that problem.

5. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

is there any other way to reboot after a cydia install that wont cause this. i heard if you hold the power button then slide to power off, then then boot tethered afterwards that it wont cause this. i dont wanna try it until someone confirms it.

6. moondark macrumors newbie

Hi. Did you find any workaround for this issue? I am stuck in the very same situation and it is awfully bad :(

7. supervelous macrumors 6502

I've had this issue several times, and what I had been doing is reinstalling something from Cydia and restarting the springboard, then it usually works normally after the respring. Although it's hard to navigate Cydia because it also goes into the small window. What I did was I put Newsstand in a folder, and when it's in a folder and you click to open it, it causes a crash into safe mode. Once in safe mode, you can navigate to Cydia without the small screen issue.

However, it happened to me today, and I just unchecked something in Winterboard and resprung and it worked fine. You might even be able to just respring to fix, but I think I had tried that before with no luck.

----------

I had also been putting into safe mode, but I didn't know it could be done via SbSettings? How do you do this?

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

SBSettings -> Power -> Safe Mode

(But how that works in connection with a tethered JB, I'm not sure, as I've always been untethered. It *is* useful for respring loops--if you can get to it-- and emergency call screen issues though.)

9. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

iBlacklist not working at all now...

I downloaded the update to iBlacklist and now it doesn't work at all. I have deleted it from Cydia and also deleted the file using ifile in var/mobile/library, performed a restart, redownloaded it and STILL not working. Is there any fix to this or at least some other application that will help me out?

I used to use Bitesms but the hide contact feature is no longer in the updated iOS5 version.