iBlacklist is a godsend.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dontwalkhand, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I suggest everyone who gets tired of people calling with blocked numbers (Such as some telemarketing who gotten a hold of your cell phone number, as well as during the election times!) get an app available through Cydia called iBlacklist.

It makes your life just a tad bit easier, and less annoying.

2. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

A reason to jailbreak if ever there was one. I hate telemarketers/scammers who call my cellphone. I want to murder them.

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

What does it say when they call after being banned?

4. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

You have have it go right to voicemail, ring busy or accept the call and hang up.

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Does it only work with calls, or does it also work with SMS? There are some people I'd like to not get texts from.

6. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Yep, works with SMS's also. You can create a blacklist or a white list (to only allow specific people). Its a great app.. the free version is nice, the paid is ever better (a few more features!)

7. molkrock macrumors newbie

I want to be able to see that I have a text up top with status notifier, but I dont want the sms previewing who it was from when I have the phone locked. Can Iblacklist do this? Or something else? Any suggestions?

8. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

It leaves a notification up at the top if you have Status Notifier installed as well. I like how you can also do it with SMS and turn on Privacy mode.

9. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I haven't used iBlacklist, but I do use MCleaner. Seems to do the same things.

I don't know how I went without it. My number seems to have ended up on some telemarketing list, and even though I'm on the do not call list, I get 4-5 calls a day.

I originally had a seperate contact naed 'Ignore' that I would add numbers to, with a silent ringtone I made.

No more of that. Doesn't ring, doesn't vibrate, and they can't eave pre-recorded voicemail.

10. calvy macrumors 65816

This is why I have no desire to ditch my land line. I give out that phone number and no one but personal contacts call my cell phone.

But I agree, iBlacklist is great.