iblacklist/mcleaner alternative?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by staticuxo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. staticuxo macrumors newbie

i have tried both, and both seem to be spotty. i have been getting calls like 3x a day from some phone number in Illinois and i need to block it. iblacklist worked for that a few times.. but it went through once!

i tried mcleaner, it seemed to work, but buggy

i'm on ios 4.0.1 and on iphone 4..

thanks.

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I've been using blacklist for years. Works great. Their new "in app" blocking is buggy tho and causes bitesms to crash the springboard so I keep that option off.

3. staticuxo thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, it worked great on my 3g.

maybe i will reinstall iblacklist and reset the settings.

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

iblacklist has not worked for me at all since the update. they have terrible customer service and if you change iphones you have to buy it again. they will not let you transfer! :mad:

5. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

I'm an iBlacklist user. I like it and have not had a problem. It has successfully blocked 4 digit spoofed numbers (friggin telemarketers.spammers) and other numbers. It is true that they license the device. I bought it for my 3GS and had to buy it again for my iPhone 4. I thought it worth it. I have not had need for customer support except for the transferring device question, which I got an answer back within 24 hours. When I sold my 3GS, I gave the buyer the iBlacklist key, just in case he wanted to jailbreak and use iBlacklist. iBlacklist gets a thumbs up from me. iPhone 4 at 4.0.1.

6. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

iBlacklist customer service is the worst. I'm one of many who bought the app for my 3GS right before the iphone 4 came out in June. After purchasing my iPhone 4 the developer refused to provide a free upgrade to the new iBlacklist for OS4. So I got one weeks worth of use out of iBlacklist for $12. I refuse to give him another $12. Several emails to the developer were ignored then I finally got a stock email telling me to buy the latest version. Nice....

The developer is a $%^&*. I have seen several threads on different sites with numerous complains from other purchasers. I have purchased hundreds of apps from iTunes and dozens from Cydia...so I like to support developers for their efforts. But never again for this guy with iBlacklist.

7. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

+1

I tried it out on my old 3G, you were able to bypass it by calling back really quickly before the message picks up. Its quite pricey too, maybe if it was fully working for the iphone 4 it would be worth it. However, as it has been said, they license the device and not user. Meaning, not only if you lose your phone, but if someone STEALS your phone you will have to rebuy it. Thats terrible to do that...at least give us 1, just in case our brand new, out of the box iphone dies after a day or something. I wouldnt give them my money. Id rather pay more for something that at least let me transfer it to another device if needed.

Someone should come up with a alternative, however, at the moment, im unable to find one as well.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone.
    They respond only before they take your money and if you get your phone replaced, exchanged or upgrade you gotta keep buying the same app over and over.

9. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

I transferred my license no problem..

10. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

False. I transferred a license from my 3GS to iPhone4 - all with no issues, no extra charges.

iBlacklist is amazing. One of the most valuable applications that I have - lets me sleep and not be bothered by telemarketers. Well worth it.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How?
    I thought they don't do that.
    They didn't ignore your emails?

12. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Don't believe it. They wouldn't transfer my one week old license.

13. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Please explain the process you went through to do this for us. There are plenty of other people that would like to do this, but keep being told by iBlacklist support that they don't transfer.

14. supervelous macrumors 6502

I purchased iblacklist on my iphone 4 and 2 weeks later got a Warranty Replacement. Emailed dev and explained situation. They did ask for proof of Warranty exchange which I provided, and they provided me with a new key - didn't have to pay again.

15. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

I have purchased 3 (that's right, THREE) iBlacklist licenses. 2 for separate iPhones, 1 for a replacement. This over the past 2 years. Will not give them another penny.

I was able to transfer 1 iBlacklist license, once on a 3G, about 3 months after purchasing it.

The other time I tried to transfer a 3 week old license, which was this past January on a 3Gs purchased in late Dec '09, and then replaced by Apple first week of January under warranty. No dice on transferring that license. Pure BS.

They used to have verbiage in their documentation that they would transfer a license for 'lifetime'. Think this was 2008 to mid 2009. Then, in late 2009 they changed to requiring a new purchase for every new IMEI, but still had the old verbiage in the docs. I pointed this out in the docs in Jan 2010, as well as my previous 3 purchases (with Paypal transaction numbers), and the docs info mysteriously changed, and I never got a transfer.

It seems the rules are made up on a case by case basis, almost as if the wind is blowing the right direction when the support monkey gets the email.

Been using mCleaner since....but it looks like I'll still have to purchase another license that I had for my 3Gs, if I want to use it on my iP4 which I got last week.

I wish Saurik would take them out of the Cydia listing.....or somehow make them behave like all the straight up Devs in Cydia. Purchase once, and the license is tied to your Cydia account with Google/Amazon, and the purchase follows any device (just like iTunes). I easily transferred all my 3Gs Cydia purchases quite easily when switching to my iP4 (iFile, WiFi Sync, etc.).

<sorry for the rant>

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Proof of warranty exchange? I never got one of those before.
    I guess we gotta start getting them for devs like him. He might start requiring fingerprints and social security number too:D

17. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Every time I've had a warranty replacement at the Apple Store they've given me a printout of the transaction....the Genius has printed 2 copies every time, one for me to sign and they keep, and one to take with me. I usually get it emailed to me to (via MobileMe, which is my Apple ID info).

I don't have one of the printouts lying around....but there's a lot of info I don't think you'd necessarily want in the wrong person's possession.