iBlacklist or MCleaner

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by htownmade1984, Nov 2, 2010.

1. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

Which program do you guys prefer? Any pros of one over the other? Or Cons?

2. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

3. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

I have read many posts and it really boils down to no real differences. I personally bought iBlacklist. Unfortunately, I'm not very pleased with their customer service. I bought iBlacklist for an iPhone 3GS. A month later, I wiped the 3GS and bought an iPhone 4. iBlacklist developers refused to transfer the license. They will license only one device. I purchased iBlacklist again for the iPhone 4. Two months later, I have to return m iPhone as defective and received another new one from Apple (Apple has outstanding customer service). So what do you think iBlacklist said? Too bad. Pay me again for another device. One thing nice about Apple's app store is that your purchases are tied to your account. Get a new device, no problem, your purchases transfer. Not so with iBlacklist and most Cydia apps. Hopefully Saurik will look to make purchases through Cydia more customer friendly.

After purchasing iBlacklist twice, they're not getting any more of my money. I'll go with MCleaner and hope that their customer service is better.

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Most Cydia apps will automatically transfer to a new device when you use the account it was purchased with. I've bought around 20 apps so far and all have transfered without any issue. OP I would stay away from iblacklist. Maybe if people stop buying their app they'll learn how to treat a customer.

5. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks to both of you for replying. I am going to stay away from iBlacklist. I wasn't aware the license wouldn't trasnfer. The only other app I have bought was Mywi and that transferred for me. Do you know if MCleaner will allow you to transfer the license?

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm not sure if it will I haven't bought it but I haven't heard of anyone here complaining that it won't. Shoot the devs an email and ask.

7. HUGE AL macrumors regular

From my experience, the answer is NO.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=933454

There are at least three other threads addressing iBlacklist/mCleaner. :) I'm in the same boat as you. :mad:

8. OhioLefty, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

OhioLefty macrumors regular

I'm a little confused as to why people are saying that if you change devices you have to purchase another license. I have an email into the sales and support people at iBlacklist to ask about transfer of license once you purchase iBlacklist. While I'm waiting for an official response, I found this in the iBlacklist User's Manual from their site. It says "LIFETIME License".

[​IMG]

Anyone else have experience with this?

EDIT:

And here is the official response I just received from iBlacklist Support. Very fast response, I was surprised with all that I have read.

Hi XXXXXXX

Once a device is registered, it will always be registered in our license server.
    You can restore it, update it or reinstall iBlacklist. Whenever you need to reactivate the registered device, just reuse the same activation key or simply download it in the app (Register - Download). There will never be a new charge for a already registered device.
    If you change your device, then your activation will never work on that new device, and you can go for the license transfer program we have that will enable the registration on your new device with a 50% discount.

Regards
    iBlacklist Support

9. Funkfish macrumors newbie

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Yes.

Not good customer service, or very customer friendly, but yes, it is legal.

From the snippet above, you might be able to get them for false advertising, presuming they don't have "lifetime license good for one/original device only" line, but that would be uncertain.