iBlacklist Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by htownmade1984, Aug 20, 2010.

1. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

I downloaded this awhile back but deleted it. It is now telling me I can't run a trial.

When I set iBlacklist to block texts from certain people, will those texts pop and be readable once I swith it back to where I can recieve texts from those people?

Or do they just never come in?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They never come in.
    You wont see the old ones that got blocked at all.
    Thats what you want anyway, why block them now but read them a few hours or days later?

3. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I get home at 5 and there are certain people my wife doesn't want me talking to anymore... So I would like to be able to text them during the day and then block their texts during the evening.

Not everyone listens and I have been texted before while I was in the shower and away from my phone...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think its an option with iblacklist.
    Maybe put your phone on silent when home so she doesnt catch you :)

5. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

lol... thanks for the tip... I've already been caught though... so now she just does random checks...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. mokeiko macrumors 6502

If you block text during certain times of the day, you can read them later in the history. I believe the same thing works with calls where you are able to see the phone numbers as well.

mokeiko

8. LoLife macrumors regular

You can set blacklist up to do all this and more. All you have to do is put them in the active list. Then when they text you, you can go in to iblacklist and view history and you can read the text from there. And also respond from there and it never shows up on your message boxs. You can also delete the history or save the history. The way I had it set up is no icon on the status bar and no sound so when someone would text me I wouldn't know at the time till I opened iblacklist and I could view the history. Also you can put this on your dock in Sbsettings so it doesn't show up as an icon, and you can password protect it with a fake password too. This product was great but I no longer support them because I bought it on my 3G and when I got my 4G they told me that I had to rebuy it over that I couldn't transfer what I already had bought. It was a great product though, although now I don't need it because I am single :D Oh and make sure you set it up for calls, messages, and MMS because one time I didn't have MMS set up and accidently got a MMS from someone, NOT GOOD

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thanks for the clarification guys, I thought he couldnt but good to know.

10. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all of the info... Yeah I planned to hide the icon, all though she knows how to access my dock in sbsettings, so I'll prolly just leave the icon hidden and just bring it back while I am at work...

11. supervelous macrumors 6502

I use this program for almost the same reasons you do (except I'm not married), and I hide the icon and set it to launch with Activator by double tapping on the Iphone status bar.

Now it is possible your wife could accidentally double tap on Iphone status bar, but I don't think that's a normal thing to do in iOS, it would have to be an accident. And you can set it to other actions (swiping up from bottom of screen, holding home button (way too likely to happen by accident IMO), etc.

If she ever finds out, you can use fake password feature, let her log in (nothing will be setup) and say you wanted to use it for the Whitelist feature but when you tried to import your contacts it said you must be registered and costs money. (if you try to add Addressbook whitelist from fake password version it will indeed tell you this).

The only feature I'd like them to update is this: while it is really cool that you can change the app icon, AND the app name, if someone was to open the app, it STILL says iBlacklist....so you almost get yourself in more trouble by faking an app name and she finds it, opens it and it says Iblacklist. I'd like it to also edit the app name that displays at launch, or maybe if someone puts in fake password set it to launch another app - for instance name it ESPN, and if fake password is entered it launches actual ESPN app and closes iblacklist. Then you could leave it in the open with fake name and fake icon.

12. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

All kinds of problems in this thread that can't be fixed by a mere application.

13. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

The idea you have would be GREAT and they could make it work.

And for your tips, thanks a MIL!!!! I def am going to get iBlacklist now!

14. supervelous macrumors 6502

HAHA, you may be right, but also be careful not to judge. The reason I use iBlacklist is because I broke up with my gf who I lived with a few months ago, and dated a couple girls briefly since.

I since have started hanging out with the ex a bit, and possibly trying to mend things, but 1 girl won't get the hint and even when I explicitly tell her I don't want to talk with her anymore, finds some reason to text me (i.e. I know you don't want me texting you anymore but I had a question about iphone).

I also use my blacklists in tandem with Whitelist feature, so that anyone who calls me not in my Contacts goes straight to voicemail...great for weeding out telemarketers, wrong numbers, etc.

Some people have stalkers who won't get the message, have lost their job and are dealing with debt collectors who won't leave them alone, get telemarketing calls constantly, harassing ex bf or gf, etc etc etc.

15. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

You can actually set up a AUTO REPLY so when someone texts you...you can tell them to back off until you have a second to call them later when it's safe....now delete this thread before she sees it! LOOL :D

16. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

lol....truth!

I use it for nuisance calls from telemarketers....I take it the phone has to ring once before going to voicemail or disconnecting?

It would be nice if it went straight to voicemail or gave the ringer the dead tone immediately ( although ringing from a land line gives the message 'the other caller disconnected' rather than a dead tone! )

Great app though....I've blocked about 30 calls from various pests this week alone! :eek:

17. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

What a trusting marriage the two of you have together! I wish I could have attended the wedding.

iBlacklist is great for blocking telemarketers and such, but it seems like a bandage on a much large wound... that being your marriage if you plan on sneaking around like this. Enjoy.

18. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Have you used the application? It sounds like you haven't from your question..... but no, the phone never rings before iBlacklist kicks in. It does immediately go to voicemail if you choose so.

This is the best $12 I've spent on any application on my phone. FU telemarketers.

19. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

em yes....i do use the app....

have you ever blocked a number and then rang your phone from said number to test it?

If you divert to voicemail, the blocked phone hears the ring tone once and then it goes to voicemail,

if its a landline and you've set to 'busy signal', the blocked phone will hear ring tone once and then get a message like 'the other person has cleared'

so yea...i'm asking if anyone knows the reason why it always rings once and i assume its a 'feature' because iBlacklist has to kick in and deal with the call but can't do it without letting the blocked caller hear a ring tone once!

this is from the UK using BT so YMMV,

20. LoLife macrumors regular

Just curious how are you guys all getting phone calls from telemarketers? I haven't got but one or two calls from them in the past year or two on my cell. On the other hand wish iBlacklist would have worked on my home phone back in the day :p

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And you are who again to judge someones life or marriage?:rolleyes:

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

This is Macrumors so it automatically gives people the right to judge. :)

23. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I don't know, sometimes I would like to know what having a girlfriend feels like. 21 years and no luck.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know, a bunch of them nobodies that think they're perfect or better than others.

25. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I'm not referring to the guys in this thread who are "living the bachelor life" and seeing multiple girls. Not that I condone it, per se, but they're not married.

My wife and I just celebrated our ten-year wedding anniversary, and all I know is that if I had to use an app like iBlacklist, it means one of two things:

1 - I'm talking to people I shouldn't be for reasons I shouldn't be.
    or
    2 - My wife is really insecure and we need to sit down and have a really long talk.