Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackopizzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the iBlackList status bar icons to something else? I little icon of a telephone receiver and a little icon of a message bubble look fairly suspicious. How about (for example) a modified bluetooth icon or an alarm clock icon, or letting the user pick from a list of icons.

I searched the file system and can't seem to find where the icon graphics are located.

Thanks

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
You should contact the iblacklist team. I've always found them to be very responsive to inquiries.

jackopizzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Found the solution... This is from their support team:

You can change to whatever icon you might have there. The software accept the changes with no problems. In cydia, you can even check the iBlacklist package contents to see the icons location and name. They are in the UIKit.framework folder.

Changed SMS bubble to a bluetooth icon. Works great.

jackopizzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Email me if you want the icon for use with retina display.

For retina, the SMS icon is Black_SMSBL@2x.png for the "black" status bar.

For non-retina display you could still use it but you will have to scale it to half size and save it as a different name (drop the @2x)

Email is my username at gmail

----------

The icon is a Bluetooth icon that looks just like the iPhone Bluetooth icon only slightly brighter.

jackopizzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Here is the sms icon for retina display

Here is the icon that looks like a bluetooth icon

Attachments

• Black_SMSBL@2x.png
    Black_SMSBL@2x.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 716

Chewzer42

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2016
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the iBlackList status bar icons to something else? I little icon of a telephone receiver and a little icon of a message bubble look fairly suspicious. How about (for example) a modified bluetooth icon or an alarm clock icon, or letting the user pick from a list of icons.

I searched the file system and can't seem to find where the icon graphics are located.

Thanks

Hi, i'm trying to change the message status bar symbol to somethig a bit less suspicious. I'm not a super advanced JB user but i'm ok with the basics. Would you be able to provide me with a little list of steps i need to take to
accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.