iBlacklist - Stopping Withheld/Blocked Numbers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atiffarooq, Nov 14, 2008.

1. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Hi there.

I have recently jailbroken my phone (really happy with this!) and I am receiving calls from a blocked number which is becoming a real problem for me. I know here (in the UK) I can report this to the police but I don't want to go down this route. iBlacklist is brilliant because it allows you to block calls from numbers, or only allow certain numbers to be able to call you. My question is, does anyone know if it is only possible to block calls from blocked and withheld numbers? My other option is to add all my contacts to the 'Whitelist' so that they can call me but no one else can, but I want this to be the 'alternative' option. As far as I know (and I have explored the application), it is only possible to block calls from numbers that you know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. atiffarooq thread starter macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Just found it! Brilliant!
    For anyone else that may need this, it's under call options and in here set 'Restrict Number Option' to 'Yes'.

Brilliant application, well done to the developer :D

3. *JimmyJ* macrumors newbie

4. atiffarooq thread starter macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

iBlacklist is free, but it's only available for jailbroken iPhones. The free version lets you block 2 contacts (basically it has restrictions), but you can stop all blocked numbers or withheld numbers from getting through using the free version (it's just a menu option). I've paid the $12 (£8 or so) to get the full version so I can create blacklists with more than two contacts. I definitely recommend it.

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I don't want to jailbreak, but iPhone needs to be able to block numbers, or at least send them straight to voicemail!