Iblason armor box first impressions.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mellofello, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

My iblason armor box just came in the mail today.

First impressions are its hiiiiideous, but very sturdy.

I don't know if it is a virtue of how thin the 6+ is, or good design on their part, but it fits quite sveltely. I don't usually run tough cases, but this one feels about 30% slimmer then the defender I ran on my IP5.

Really feels protective. There is rigid plastic over all stress points of the phone, and the screen protector blends well. No bubbles, or effect on usability (so far). The port flaps, are a nice touch as well.

Things I don't like are the cheesy half assed design on the back, the gigantic cut out for the camera, and the way it fits the phone seems like it could cause scratches. Also I wish I didn't go black on gold. The top lip does not encompass the whole white portion of the bezel. It really stands out. Wish I would have went blue or some other color.

Over all though good buy. I paid around $10 for it so I cannot complain. It seems to serve it's purpose admirably, and does offer decent tensile strength to prevent bending.

I will run this until the dust clears, and the case manufacturers get some more time to refine the design.

TL DR

Good case for the money. Not at all bulky for tough case. Few rough edges on design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

Phone got knocked out of my hand this weekend and fell down a flight of 7-8 stairs.

Perfectly fine. Talk about heart attack.

3. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

The Cutout doesn't look that bad. I've seen much worse.

4. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

how does that even happen? you walk with your phone in your hand when you go up stairs? I've dropped my iPhone 4 and 5 less than 10 times in 4 years of having both.

5. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

A girl bumped into me while I was standing on the landing a good 5-6 feet away from the stairs. Could have happened to anyone, and this is exactly why I run a rugged case. Phone is totally unscathed.