iBlueNova - Finally Bluetooth for your iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vlug, Feb 15, 2010.

1. vlug macrumors 6502

So..... who's bought this App yet and what pro's and con's have you found so far?

Does it work with all phones, makes and models? have we found any it doesn't work with?

I've just installed this app and im testing it out now so will come back with my experiences but I expected there to be a thread on this already as I myself have been eagerly awaiting this app :D

Opinions/Comments?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So, does it do anything besides bluetooth file transfers, or is it pretty much just that? Is it able to run in the background, and initiate receipt of a file without being "open," or do you have to run it first and then have someone send you the file?

3. vlug thread starter macrumors 6502

Well you have options to send Pictures, Music (straight out of iTunes) Videos and Other files however I haven't got any file to work yet :(

I only have a Sony Ericsson Satio available to test with and I cannot pair it with my phone at all or vice versa. It fails as soon as I put the default password in 0000. I have set both phones not to need a pass and still that doesn't work.

I don't know whether it is because this a demo version (however it looks like its the full deal for 14 days) or because I'm doing something wrong or because its just buggy. Quick google suggests the latter as others seem to be having problems with pairing.

The GUI and the fact you can jump right into iTunes looks good if I could get it to work :D

4. phynios macrumors member

phynios

I currently have a Nokia E51 as my work phone and I was able to use iBlueNova to send images and text files (both directions). I was even able to send an 8MB .m4a audio file (song from iTunes) to the E51. Played perfectly on the E51 then. Quite impressed...

Very nice interface also but to be honest it's about bloody time for the phone that could do everything but send data to other phones via BT!

5. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

how does ibluenova differ from ibluetooth? they both look the same and i think they were both written by the same person too!!

6. phynios macrumors member

phynios

I never had iBluetooth but that's because I have a 3GS and iBluetooth doesn't work on 3.x. Suppose that alone is the main difference!

7. vlug thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I have to say this App is very buggy. I have got it to work a few times.

Mostly when people are sending me files, but sending out and pairing is troublesome and im not prepared to part with any cash just yet even if it is only $6

I hope more people report bugs and this starts to work better.

8. zaaria macrumors newbie

Disagree, in my experience, of course.

I tested ibluenova:

-between my iphone and nokia 5800
    -between my iphone and SE k 800
    -between my iphone and nokia n97
    -between my iphone and my imac

All test in both directions and 0 problems, the app works perfect. The main problem, no due the aplication but the iphone system, is that when you recieve a song or a video in the iphone, you can´t play it, because the iphone sistem not alow the song or the video enter in the ipod aplication, in the ipod library. The song or the video remains in the folder you recieved it. However, with photos works like a charm, when you recieved a photo is directly place in the camera roll

Send a song or a video to other device is overwhelming. The app is like the ipod app to choose the file you want transfer, even you can listen the song or view the video before send it, to select the right one

9. trellaine macrumors member

Pairing iphone/mac?

Can you please explain how you got your iphone/ibluenova to work with your Mac? I have been trying this for the past week with no success at all. I guess first step is pairing the phone with Mac? How does one do that?

Thanks kindly.

10. zaaria macrumors newbie

Sure, now in Spain is 9 in the morning, so this night at home i´ll check the settings in my imac, because i had to do some adjusts in the imac bluetooth settings before send archives from my iphone to my imac and vice versa. Anyway, i can tell you that when i want to send a song or a video from my imac to my phone, i do not pair them before, simply i go to bluetooth application (in my imac), choose send file, select the file yo want send, and the application search for devices, when done, choose iphone, and a message appear in my iphone asking for allow or refuse the incoming transmission. Allow the transmission and you recieve the file

And also i had solved the problem with the songs and the videos recieved in the iphone. With the application ifile from cydia, you can play both. Ifile allows you to navigate into the folder where the songs and the videos are (.../var/mobile/media/downloads), and you can listen or view them

11. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

one of the best apps that i have on my iPhone 3gs! (among with the btstack keyboard)

12. vlug thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it to work a few more times with other phones but still getting pairing issues and crashes whilst transferring data.

Hope the author updates with bug fix's soon :(

13. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

ibluetooth is pretty much the same, this is why i haven't bothered to purchase ibluenova until i hear more positive feedback!!

14. vlug thread starter macrumors 6502

So what's happened to this App then?

Cant find it on Cydia any more and the Author's twitter/site doesn't have much activity. I'm guessing its dead?

It never did work properly, looks like the author made a quick buck and moved on.

Anyone know of an alternative or know what's happening with this App?

15. barachus macrumors regular

It was a very good app worked great on my 3G, u can still find it on the xsellize repo, I am not sure about ios4 compatibility

16. jdaniel macrumors 65816

ibluenova with iphone4 4.2.1

No point starting a new thread.. I tried it opened it up... didnt seem to work as far as i can tell anyone else with iphone4 4.2.1 got it to work?

17. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

iBluenova is dead, there's been nbo real support or updates since March 2010

18. vlug thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm surprised nobody has bothered to come with an alternative. Bluetooth isnt some dying format its still used today in so many applications.

19. eric1122 macrumors newbie

I've just got a Polaroid PoGo and am having massive problems with it. I don't want to pay for this new version of iBluenova called Celeste on Cydia as I don't know if it works (you can't even install it on iOS 5!)

anyone else have any way I can get this working - any other apps!? :)

20. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Any progress on this...? Any bluetooth transfer apps on cydia for iOS 5...?

21. webcrush macrumors regular

We had Celeste on iOS4 that I used to use, but it currently is a work in progress for iOS5 still.

22. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Oh I see... Thanks... :)