IBM CRT compatible with mac?

NSiebenmor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Savannah GA
I'm looking for the best deal for a 22" crt and have found that the IBM c220p is supposed to be amazing for the price. It can also be found on ebay in new condition for $300. Anyway, the specs say it is only pc compatible. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get it to work with a mac? How can a monitor only be compatible for one system? thanks for the help

Nick

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
NSiebenmor said:
I'm looking for the best deal for a 22" crt and have found that the IBM c220p is supposed to be amazing for the price. It can also be found on ebay in new condition for $300. Anyway, the specs say it is only pc compatible. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get it to work with a mac? How can a monitor only be compatible for one system? thanks for the help

Nick
Unless it has some sort of proprietary connection.. it should work.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Depands what Mac you put it on, it may need a DB-15 - VGA adaptor for the cable. And some older monitors use a 3- 4- or 5- analog connector system, not the conventional VGA connector. You need specific details about this monitor.

SOME large CRT monitors were fixed frequency, not multiple sync. These types generally do not work on G3 and higher Macs.

Keep in mind that although the monitor may sell for $300, shipping is going to be huge - like maybe $90.

NSiebenmor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Savannah GA
Here are the connection specs-VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
DVI-A

I'll be hooking it up to a Powermac Dual 2.0 I'm ordering.