IBM is on board with.......

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dukebound85, Sep 20, 2007.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, this was really heavily covered on the tech news circuit.... we'll see what it does for OOo. I think for us, OOo Aqua is probably the most exciting development in the OOo arena right now.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh i agree. i hate office 07 as i cant figure out how to use it. plus free is nice lol

guess i have been too caught up with ipods to hear about other stuff!

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The last I saw put OpenOffice for Aqua a year away. I don't think we have to worry too much about it being a big help and maybe, NeoOffice will get more support since it's the real deal with a slight delay.

I did see something about IBM's Lotus Development resurrecting Symphony, their horrible integrated package, so I wonder how all this is working together.

I seem to remember IBM vying for Star Office before Sun bought it.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

dukebound, I'm sorry, I meant that it had been in the news heavily today and maybe yesterday.

There was some speculation that IBM might be making the beginnings of a play to compete with Google to make a web-based set of apps that replace Office. We'll see. They probably have some good code, although they certainly have some bad code too.