IBM keyboard and new macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayauriemma01, Feb 22, 2011.

1. jayauriemma01, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

jayauriemma01 macrumors newbie

I am having some trouble. I just found an old IBM "clickly" keyboard. More specifically a KB-8923

[​IMG]

And i bought the USB to PS/2 adapter to use it with my macbook, and it isn't working. I went to system preferences then I went to Keyboard and went to change the keyboard type and it just freezes on this screen, and nothing happens.

[​IMG]

I have tested it out on a windows based pc. but that doesn't help me since my pc sits in the corner of my room and isn't a macbook pro haha. well if anyone can please help me give me a shout out!!

2. jayauriemma01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it on a windows laptop and it works fine on it, still not on my mac :(

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Lol, I used to love those keyboards. I was running an older generic one off my iMac 2006 (first Intel) using a ps/2 to usb adapter, and didn't have any issues. Stopped working after I dropped it, but worked fine until then. :rolleyes:

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Forgot to make my point lol. If you boot the Mac holding the Alt key on it, does it show your drive selection screen? That will tell you if the Mac is even recognizing it.

5. darkeartg macrumors regular

I love the sound those key make when you type. They just make you want to type faster.