IBM Thinkpad with OSX Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blazed&confused, Jul 7, 2010.

1. blazed&confused macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I'd like to start creating a few apps. I have some experience with Objective-C and C Based languages, however I do not own a Mac computer.

Now I know this is a sensitive subject and by no means recommended, but can I install a working/legit version of OSX Leopard on my IBM Intel thinkpad laptop without much fuss?

I cannot justify $700 for a mac mini for a few apps I may not even make any money creating. I guess I'm asking for help/ideas/resources for creating a hackintosh.

Please, keep the flames to a minimum as this is a serious question. I've done quite a bit of research, all of which is inconclusive.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Any install of OSX, no matter how you obtain the copy of OSX, on non-Apple hardware is not legit.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    A Thinkpad with OS X on it.. would be a dream.. I love how utilitarian they look.

4. blazed&confused thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Well, if not 100% legit, can the task still be done?

I've seen forum posts of people successfully doing an OSX install with ease, and others having a horrible time.

I don't mean to tread on the forum's rules by posting such a question, but If anyone has an straightforward answer I would appreciate hearing it.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This is not really a programming question. I'm going to ask the Mods move it somewhere more appropriate (where more eyes will see it).

I think the general consensus is that there are other forums that can offer better advice...

6. blazed&confused thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the suggestion. If I can get better visibility on another sub forum, so be it!