iBook: 12" vs 14"; which one?

atzbacher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
I'm having trouble deciding which iBook to buy. On one hand, I'd go for the 12", for its convinience. On the other hand, the 14" looks, I don't know, more healthy for my eyes? :)

I don't know; I mean - Can anyone compare the two out of their experience? Much thanks,

-- A

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
No problems. Are you swaying one way more than another now? I'd personally (and have actually done so :p ) get the 12 inch iBook. To me, it represents the better buy unless you have bad eyesight or the need for an internal Superdrive. :)

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
London
I'd agree. I had the same question and went for a 12" powerbook. It's great and I don't have an issue with the smaller screen. The advantages of being able to take it anywhere without taking up too much space makes it by far the better option for me.

atzbacher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
12" it is :)

Actualy, I do. I'd go for the 12". Two arguments got to me: The resolution, and the portabilty. Being my future iBook used mostly for word processing and web surfing (street wi-fi surf :) I think the 12" would perfectly do. Thanks again, to all of you.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
mad jew said:
No problems. Are you swaying one way more than another now? I'd personally (and have actually done so :p ) get the 12 inch iBook. To me, it represents the better buy unless you have bad eyesight or the need for an internal Superdrive. :)
Ye, the Superdrive may be a dealbreaker for the 12", but I have friends who were in the same situation, they went the 12" route. It was easier for the female ones as they thought it was the cutist (which it is!). I would think the 12" would be the better bet still though.
For the superdrive and portability its the 12" PB obviously. That's what I went for.
atzbacher said:
Actualy, I do. I'd go for the 12". Two arguments got to me: The resolution, and the portabilty. Being my future iBook used mostly for word processing and web surfing (street wi-fi surf :) I think the 12" would perfectly do. Thanks again, to all of you.
Great news. Come back and let us know how you find it and any more questions you may have.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
gwuMACaddict said:
(that being said, get the 14... the 12 is too small)
Not in my demanding opinion. Only your penis is too small.

(that being said don't take it too seriously)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.