I have a 14" ibook in good condition; it's never been abused or dropped. It worked fine until recently (the computer itself is still operational). I have the original Apple power cord. The ibook works if I plug in the power cord (with no battery in the computer), so the connector and the DC-in jack don't appear to be the problem. If I try to run it on battery alone, nothing happens. It doesn't power on. The battery is used, but still has some charge, is currently about 97% charged and all the battery test lights light up. If I put the battery into the computer and plug in the power jack, the computer works fine (off AC power) and even "sees" the battery and reports the stats. But... the little green/amber light ring on the power cord no longer lights up. It's as though the computer can "see" the battery but the power source is unable to connect to it and charge it (and it won't run from battery). Same problem if I swap out the power cord with another one that I know is in good shape, so it's not the power cord. Any idea what might be the problem? A cable, a component?