Ibook 14" G4 1.33 1.25RAM surfing slow

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mcprodriver, Oct 18, 2008.

1. mcprodriver macrumors newbie

I have an IBOOK G4 running Tiger 10.4.11, which recently I upgraded from 768M to 1.25G RAM. It has an 80G HD which has about 50G free. I use it generally email and surfing the web.
    Recently, it started to run slow. Seems to be while surfing the internet. I use Safari. While surfing a while back it became very slow to respond on web pages, mostly got the "spinning color wheel", and then got pretty hot and the fan came on, first time I have heard the fan since I have had it. After researching, I downloaded Onyx maintenance program. After doing a thorough maintenance using Onyx, everything seems to be back to normal.
    Well, a few days later, after using laptop for quite a while roughly 1 1/2 hours, started to run slow while surfing again. Slow to respond, spinning wheel again, but the mouse (bluetooth) movement is never affected.

Any ideas?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How much Flash content is there on these pages?

3. mcprodriver thread starter macrumors newbie

It varies. Usually reading forums on message board similar to MacRumors layout, on facebook, chatting on Yahoo messenger, and reading emails. Does fine for a while, then gets slow.