iBook 3G... help needed.. new to macs

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AshleyMarie, Aug 12, 2009.

1. AshleyMarie macrumors newbie

Hey! So I just bought a mac:
    iBook G3 Laptop
    500MHz
    OSX 10.2 Jaguar
    RAM 256 MB
    14 GB
    Okay, so I want to get iWork 09 and I was wondering if getting the box set of iLife09, Leopard, and iWork 09 would actually function on my laptop. I bought the laptop so I had an extra computer just for school papers and stuff and I figured upgrading to Leopard and all the other stuff might be a smart idea... I dont know much about computers, so any help?

Thanks
    Ash

2. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

you can't run leopard on a G3. you need at least a G4 with an 867MHz processor. as for iLife and iWork, try searching ebay for older versions as they will probably work better on an older machine.

3. AshleyMarie thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks! Any idea what version of iwork and ilife would work with it?
    like i said , i have no clue anything about macs so this is all foreign to me :)

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

iWork 5 requires 10.3, so my best guess is that iWork 4 will work on Jaguar.

5. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

You can probably google search or check wikipedia for the release dates of different versions of iWork and their system requirements.

6. AshleyMarie thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds like a good idea :) thanks all!
    one more question... microsoft office student edition 2004 for macs... any clue if that would work... considering ordering it on ebay for the computer instead of ilife.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

System requirements and installation
    To run Microsoft Office 2004, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:

* Processor: Mac OS X-compatible processor that is a model G3 or higher.
    * Operating System: Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or later.
    * Memory: 256 MB of RAM.
    * Hard Disk*: 570 MB of available hard-disk space for installing Office by using the Office Setup Assistant (recommended); 610 MB for installing Office by dragging the Microsoft Office 2004 folder to your hard disk.