iBook and Powerbook mini.

Bangpow

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2005
Dearborn, MI
Well, considering it is technically Feb. 14th in Australia, I guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow, but the keyboard and screen are way too small.

willyhunt

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
Exeter, UK
Yeah nice one

Gotta say it would be pretty sweet if it wasnt just a Gameboy SP doctored with Photoshop. Looks okay though. But speaking of Mini's i want mine (due 7/3).

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
willyhunt said:
Gotta say it would be pretty sweet if it wasnt just a Gameboy SP doctored with Photoshop. Looks okay though. But speaking of Mini's i want mine (due 7/3).
Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looked like a GameBoy. I mean they could of Photoshoped a PSP at least ;)

Now dont eveyone get to excited.

What is Mac OS D?

It's little more than a site with various curious mac things. Probably mostly old, perhaps a few new, and the occasional completely off topic article that I find interesting. I reserve the right to stray completely from that formula :). I may even just make stuff up for the sake of posting it. Be warned.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yeah ive seen those picture before, they look kinda cool, but not useable at all, apple only likes to make fully capable machines though anyways, which is why all the laptops have optical drives in them

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
While we're talking about "iBook minis", I would love for the next iBook rev to start the colour thing going again, and model them after the iPod minis' aluminum. It's probably a lot more expensive than plastic though...

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
How about a real iBook mini? A CD-less computer with, say an 11-inch screen and a full-size keyboard. It would be thinner than existing iBooks, and the screen size reduction would come by making it a bit shorter, for a size of 1 X 11 X 8. It would be designed to be added to an existing home network (since that would be the only way to add software). Weighing just 3 pounds, it would be easy to toss in a backpack or briefcase -- or to carry solo with the optional shoulder strap.

It would include bluetooth and Airport extreme, and it would also come with a USB key that's integrated with the computer (doesn't stick out of the side) so you can easily transfer files from your office and home.

To save on size and weight, you might also lose the video-out, firewire, and internal modem.

At just $700, it's right for any budget.

Who's buying?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
wordmunger said:
How about a real iBook mini? A CD-less computer with, say an 11-inch screen and a full-size keyboard. It would be thinner than existing iBooks, and the screen size reduction would come by making it a bit shorter, for a size of 1 X 11 X 8. It would be designed to be added to an existing home network (since that would be the only way to add software). Weighing just 3 pounds, it would be easy to toss in a backpack or briefcase -- or to carry solo with the optional shoulder strap.

It would include bluetooth and Airport extreme, and it would also come with a USB key that's integrated with the computer (doesn't stick out of the side) so you can easily transfer files from your office and home.

To save on size and weight, you might also lose the video-out, firewire, and internal modem.

At just $700, it's right for any budget.

Who's buying?
I would.

But how bout an iPod shuffle instead of the usb Key chain. It would still be flat though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.