iBook back to life...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by randystand, Jun 5, 2010.

1. randystand macrumors 6502

My iBook seemed to die on me a few weeks back...the logic board bad clearly went as if you applied pressure to the palm rest then the screen would go crazy. I haven't used it for weeks...been using my desktop and since the iPad came i have just used that. The iBook has been under the sofa for weeks and probably has got knocked about by work going on in the house. I come to get some files off it today and switch it on and if you now apply pressure nothing happens...it seems to be working perfectly. Very very strange.

2. geekindisguise macrumors 6502

geekindisguise

No... It will come back. I had an iBook G3 with those weird video issues. If I left it for a while and came back, it would work fine for several minutes then the video would act up again. But, if you keep a fan beside the iBook it will keep the Video Chip from getting Hot and disconnecting (disconnecting causes the video issues).

So, you could use it as long as you want if you kept a Desk fan beside the laptop. Well, it did for me and my iBook G3. Don't know bout the G4s...