iBook Dipped in Bathtub full of water (Video)

Smurfed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Reminded me of Terminator,

with the thumbs up wallpaper and being dipped in fluid.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Scary. According to the description, they are testing the insurance of Spanish retailer "Corte Inglés."

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
I really only had 2 hopes after watching this:

1 - The person perpetrating this pathetic little attempt at an insurance scam would be promptly electrocuted, despite his genius little dangling contraption...

2 - The insurance company does not replace this computer

Seeing as I have no evidence that (1) occurred, I now rest all my hopes on (2).

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
What a waste of an iBook, especially as it seemed to be functioning.

It's people like this who don't deserve a computer.

cal6n

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
I really only had 2 hopes after watching this:

1 - The person perpetrating this pathetic little attempt at an insurance scam would be promptly electrocuted, despite his genius little dangling contraption...

2 - The insurance company does not replace this computer

Seeing as I have no evidence that (1) occurred, I now rest all my hopes on (2).
Not only is there no evidence that (1) occurred, there was no possibility that it actually could... :rolleyes:

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
If you think that wasting $800-1200 is a big deal, then you need to take a look around your daily life and society; this is nothing. People regularly throw away, waste, ruin, deface, lose, and gamble away amounts ten- and hundredfold this MacBook. Sure, it's sad, because I would have liked the MacBook... but then, I'd like the replacement MacBookPro, too.

In any case, it was a really dumb video. He could have made it quicker and with more of a splash, or had it playing music or a video, or at least put some kind of funny music in the background like the Jeopardy song. Why has YouTube zapped people of all creativity? I'll shush, that's another discussion entirely. :)

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
If you think that wasting $800-1200 is a big deal, then you need to take a look around your daily life and society; this is nothing. People regularly throw away, waste, ruin, deface, lose, and gamble away amounts ten- and hundredfold this MacBook.
What's your point? It's still a juvenile and wasteful act, even if it's "only" a few hundred bucks.

You're the one who needs to take a look around. Lots of people could benefit from a useful piece of equipment like this iBook, but unfortunately can't afford one.

mayoko185

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
right after watching this a sad face poped up on my ipod, I think it is trying to tell me something...

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
It's people who do things like this on purpose that must really annoy people who did something like this by accident.

I'm sure I'd cry if this video brought back bad memories of a previous laptop doing some diving by accident.