Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grumble

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I was just walking in my dorm room today. Then I accidentally stepped down on my ibook g4's adapter cable and my g4 fell of to the ground from my desk. I immediately checked it, it doesn't turn on anymore. When push the power button nothing happens. There's no visible damage at the outside of the computer, though it simply doesn't work. Anyone has any idea, what may be the cause for that? Also any way to fix that? Thanks in advance :)

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Does it make any sounds when you press the power button? Listen closely for clicks, wheezes, running motors, etc.

grumble

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
not a single sound, I just put my ears on the chassis few times to hear any sound. But there's none. The computer doesn't seem to react at all when push the button.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
hi, ouch!!

what happens when you 'try' to charge the unit?

well, if there are no physical marks on the case, i guess you could take it into a apple service centre, if there's warranty and claim you "don't know what happened, it just stopped working!!"... maybe they might fix it. ;)

p.s. : for heavens sakes, don't tell them you dropped it! cause that's defo void of warranty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.