Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Hey, I just wanted to point out to everybody that the Apple iBook is finally in a top 10 spot on The Apple Store (#9). I've never seen any of Apple's computers in a top 10 spot before so I thought this was significant.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
apple store has had quite many apple computers on top ten list before, but if there's an ibook and nothing else, that must mean something about the situation right now...

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
JFreak said:
apple store has had quite many apple computers on top ten list before, but if there's an ibook and nothing else, that must mean something about the situation right now...
Typically the top sellers are iPods and peripherals.

admiraldennis

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2002
Boston, MA
JFreak said:

Yeah, the situation is called back to school / college. :)

appletime

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2005
DrVu96 said:
Where is this list? I wanna see the other top nine.

Here you go:

Top Sellers
iPod mini
iPod
QuickTime 7 Pro for Mac OS X
iTunes Gift Certificate
iPod shuffle
iTunes Music Store Card
Apple Mighty Mouse
QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows
iBook
AppleCare for iPod

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Does Apple still sell computers? :)

Hehe Apple is the next MSFT! Go apple!

How long do you think til apple starts selling OS X for any PC? I'd love to see that.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Cool. I believe it.

My friend has really had to work the phone to get a 14" iBook. Seems like a big demand. Very happy with my little 12er

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I'm pretty sure the ibook has been pretty high on that list before. Even if I am wrong and it hasn't, the fact that a minimum $1000 item is selling in a comparable volume as a $25 ipod accessory is a very good thing for apple. :cool:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So it's the best selling Mac. Easy to believe, I love the little things. They're perfectly adequate performance-wise for most users and they're almost verging on cheap, even compared to PC laptops. :cool:

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I read in the local newspaper - 2 or 3 days ago - and they were talking about the iBook and how well it was selling. The writer was writting the column on their iBook - 1.2GHz 256MB RAM etc. He was urging others to go out and purchase one. - WAY TO GO APPLE =D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.