ibook for iphone here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Jun 11, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

did anyone else get offered the ibook, i went into the app store last night and it asked me to download the ibook app, then when i tried it asked me to do it through my computer, so when i did it on my computer it put it under the ipad app category and wont let me add it onto my ipod touch, anyone else get this problem?

2. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Would you mind telling us how you triggered it??

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

you guys are totally ignoring what he's saying.
    he's saying that he got a notification that ibooks is now available to DOWNLOAD for iOS 4 owners.
    but the DOWNLOAD wont work.

learn how to READ.

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

...which has been gone over repeatedly.

5. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i did search, and the other thread nvr explained why it wont install onto my ipod

so to answer ethan028 i went onto the app store on my ipod touch last night at like midnight, the message pooped up to install ibooks, so i did, then at the end it said couldnt complete installation, please install through itunes, so i did, then i tried to put it on my ipod but itunes recognizes ibooks as an ipad app still, ive read its not compatible with ipod touch 2nd gen or iphone 3g, has any1 else been able to install it on ipod touch 3rd gen or iphone 3gs bc that should determine compatibility

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

This happened to a few people only to get the same message you did and getting the iPad version in iTunes. This is good news though maybe the iPhone version will pop up in the next few days

7. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

ok, thanks man

8. endlsdremr macrumors newbie

ibooks for iphone 3gs

http://tutorial.downloadatoz.com/download-ibooks-for-ios-4-steps-and-tips.html

there are a couple blogs out there that say the same thing as this one... i still couldnt get it to work. my ibooks app does say its for "iphone/ipad" and that i should switch to it in the apps tab... still can't get it to copy onto my phone. and yes, i have iOS 4 running on my phone.