iBook G3 500 MHZ

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by foothead, Apr 20, 2009.

1. foothead macrumors regular

I bought an iBook G3 dual USB for parts, and got the LCD from it for my G4, but I also managed to fix the G3, except it now has a broken LCD. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy a new LCD for it. I am able to get a new LCD for $40, except I am trying not to buy things like that so I can buy a 24" iMac this summer. Here's my question-Is it even worth it to buy the LCD for a 500 MHZ iBook? what do you think?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Judging from your sign, it doesn't look like you need it. So no, don't get it. Save the money, put it in a bank account, and later on you'll have $40.10 :p

4. foothead thread starter macrumors regular

What would i get for it? I paid $65, but it came with an LCD, except it had the uncorrected video prob, and a crashed HD. I fixed both. It just has the broken LCD from my G$. It works perfectly.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Depends if someone needs one for parts. A quick look at eBay says $50. Maybe more if you part it out and sell the bits separately. Depends how much hassle you want.

6. foothead thread starter macrumors regular

i think i will keep it for $50. I'm sure there is something I can use it for.