iBook G3 Charge cord.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wickedking94, Jan 28, 2011.

1. wickedking94 macrumors 6502

I just acquired an iBook G3 for dirt cheap (30$) but it doesn't come with a charge cable. does anyone know of any retail stores IN CANADA that would sell me one for a decent price? buying online isn't an option for me.

2. g4 powerbookboy macrumors regular

if its a g3 ibook 500 mhz dual usb you may be able to get a power cord for a g4 ibook. my buddy needed a cord for his g3 ibook 500 dual usb and my cord for my g4 works and he was able to get one from the apple store in the chicago illinois area

3. wickedking94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I already know about the one for the G4 being the same, and unfortunately the nearest apple store to me is around 1800 km away.

4. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

OWC has them. More than you paid for the laptop though. Their 800 number is at the top of the page to order or you can request a catalog. Don't know if this will work for you payment wise.

5. wickedking94 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll keep them in mind. I have no issues with paying more for the cord than i did for the computer, as long as i can get it up and running for under 100$ its good (its for my dad who just wants to do light browsing)
    SIDE NOTE: can an ibook G3 with 500Mhz 192MB of ram and 8MB graphics play dvd movies? it has a DVD drive installed.