iBook g3 Clamshell Huge Upgrades

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidx385, Jan 13, 2009.

1. davidx385 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

This is just a little fantasy of mine but, does anyone think that you would be able to take the everything out of the iBook g3 clamshell ie. (motherboard, Logic board, HDD, Processor)and put iBook g4/macbook parts in?

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

I wouldnt think so but google it and see, seeing there different shapes and stuff and the ports are compleetly different...

3. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

It would probably be DO-ABLE, but it wouldn't work. You see, the white iBook G3 had a different case design, and with the different case design comes different cooling tunnels, different I/0 ports, etc. You see what I am saying? You could probably fit a custom motherboard in there though, if you were willing to go to the trouble. But to answer your question, I would give it a shot if you have an extra iBook G4 that you absolutely do not need. I wouldn't do something like that to my iBook G4, I would just keep it haha.

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

fantasy huh......well, like most of them, this idea should stay in that realm, unless you just don't really give a crap about reality, and your sanity anymore :eek: