Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Macaddict~

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I found a charger that fits my ibook but its 20v 3.3A and 70 Watts. Do you think this would work? Thanks in advance for the answer :)

xhopex

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
i tried to use a third party charger for a couple weeks until someone from this board very kindly sent me their old apple charger, and it was horrible. it would always say it would take 9 hours to charge & basically all it did was keep the laptop on, not charging the battery.
i would recommend buying an apple one.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
How does this compare to the specs on your current iBook adapter? The Apple adapters have the specs written on them in tiny print. The wattage is probably higher, but that is not a problem - it has more capacity.

I thought the iBooks has 45W adapters originally, and the PowerBooks had 67W adapters. A 70W adapter would work with either, so it is probably fine.

My initial thought is if the connector is correct, and the wattage is equal to or higher than the original, it should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.