iBook g3, screen quivers

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by randystand, Apr 18, 2010.

1. randystand macrumors 6502

I'm still using my trusty old iBook g3, 12'', dual usb running Mac OSX 10.3.9- Panther. Yeah, it is very old now but it serves me well. Runs the internet very well for surfing, facebook etc and i use word processing, powerpoint presenations, excel and use it for iPhoto and some music. It obviously can't sync with my iPhone which is annoying but i have my iMac for that. This is just used for when sitting on the sofa and just wanting to do some simple tasks, and works very well for that.

In the past week or so i have noticed the screen keeps quivering, like going darker then going bright again without me actually doing anything. Anyone know what this could be?

I know people will say time to upgrade to a new machine, and eventually i probably will buy a MacBook or MBP but at the moment i have my iMac running Leopard and my iBook running Panther and my iPhone and planning on buying the iPad at the UK launch. Don't really see the need to buy a new laptop yet.

2. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

i am no expert, but is sounds like a inverter or backlight bulb problem, dose the ibook freeze when it dose this?