ibook G4 adapter question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by brevhead, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. brevhead macrumors newbie

    Aug 5, 2004
    ok, i'm a bit of a newbie with the old mac stuff but here goes :)

    I recently purchased an iBook G4 and am a little confused about how I can connect it to my TV. I want to be able to watch films and see my desktop on a normal widescreen TV. What cables / adapters do I need to be able to do this? And where can I get them from? The only video out I seem to have is a small rectangle output near my USB and firewire ports. If you could give me the exact names (or even better - direct links) for what I need to be able to do this it would be very much appreciated.
  2. brap macrumors 68000

    May 10, 2004
    You need one of these:

    Get it from the Apple online store. The blurb about it can be read here, right hand column.
  3. Nermal Moderator


    Staff Member

    Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Don't cross-post.

    If the G4 is the same as the G3, then you need the TV out adapter, which I think is $19. It plugs into the mini VGA port and gives you composite and S-Video outputs.

Share This Page