iBook G4 display going bad

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by werzyn19, Feb 23, 2013.

1. werzyn19 macrumors newbie

My g4 ibook power PCM monitor is going dead on me. I want to connect to an external monitor that has hdmi and VGA input. I cannot find an adapter that connects to my video out on the ibook. Does anyone know where I can get one? And should I connect using a hdmi or VGA input?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You need a mini-VGA to VGA adapter. Then it will be able to connect to your screen.

3. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Should look like this I just bought one for my ibook on ebay for under $5 with free shipping and it was new in the package.

Attached Files:

4. skateny macrumors 6502

skateny

Pardon me for my naivete, but I've never attempted to use this adapter. To what does the larger end of the adapter attach? It seems you'd need some type of extension cable to make it work with a monitor.

Thanks.

5. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Plugs into a normal VGA cable going to the monitor.

6. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Yeah what misterkeeks said and I also bought a vga to hdmi so I could hook it up to my tv.I personally would buy a wireless keyboard and mouse or at least a long vga cable if your going to be using it on your tv ,mine is on the wall so I looked kinda stupid standing up there by it with my ibook but its not so bad if you're gonna be using it with an external monitor on a desk.

7. California macrumors 68040

California

I have an iBook mini vga to VGA adapter. PM me if you need it.