Ibook G4 HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by :P/n:(JAB), Oct 11, 2008.

1. :P/n:(JAB) macrumors newbie

:( can someone help me with the following:

yesterday I was working on a php script, and chatting with a friend.
    then suddenly my ibook g4 (1.2ghz 768mb ram) shut down.
    I tried to restart and it made a litle puff. after that it just won't do anything, even the screen doesn't light up or something :( can anyone explain why it's not booting anymore....

2. mustangsally82 macrumors member

Since no else has replied, I'll take a shot.

Did you check your screen brightness key? It could be turned all the way down.

Is your battery dead? I had a G3 iBook and at one point the piece where the power cord plugs into the computer to charge the battery stopped working. I had to have it repaired. My computer was plugged in but the battery didn't charge. I figured out the problem by charging my battery in my brother's iBook and then putting it back in my computer.

Do you have a firewire cable and another Mac that you can use to start up from your iBook's hard drive? Or a monitor? Then maybe you can see what's going on.

From time to time my AirPort Extreme card gets unseated and my PowerBook kernel panics everytime I move it until I replace the card. Try replacing the AirPort card and see if that helps.

I'm sure someone will have better suggestions than I have. I'm still kind of a newb around here. :eek:

3. :P/n:(JAB) thread starter macrumors newbie

nvm

i've talked to someone and he says it's the logic board.

thnx for the reply though

4. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

Yep It's logic board...
    Terrible terrible problem in those machines.
    I think Apple has a repair program for that. Sorry for your lose.