iBook G4 (Late 2004) Help!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by FinalCutJay, Jul 14, 2009.

1. FinalCutJay macrumors member

I have a iBook G4, 1.2GHz that i use for web browsing that suddenly stopped working. At first it was random Kernal Panics. I wiped the OS and initially the problem went away. Now instead of KPing it is stuck in perma boot mode.

Everytime the machine goes to book up when it should be getting to the desktop it resets itself dings and boots up again.

I noticed that the clock kept resetting itself as well. Does this machine have a battery that needs replacing? I looked on Welovemac.com for a battery but it doesn't seem there is one.

kinda running out of ideas as to what is causing the problem. Is there any info someone could offer to fix this machine. Thank you in advance.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

There is no internal battery in the iBooks.

Have you tried resetting the PRAM? Hold down "Control", "Command", "P" and "R" while it's booting. Hold that combination until you hear at least 3 "bongs" then release. Has it started up yet?

Another thing to do is to load up the Apple Hardware disc and check for errors.

3. FinalCutJay thread starter macrumors member

I will try to reset the PRAM when i get home tonight. Would it really need resetting after a clean OS install?