iBook G4 Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard shuts down after apple logo

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by amll, Oct 20, 2013.

1. amll macrumors newbie

Hello guys, i'm so desperate with this issue.. I have iBook G4 and today i was copying a game and the laptop freezed. I needed to restart, and now it immidietly shuts down after the chime and the apple logo. I've tried everything, safe boot didn't work, verbose mode shows only - "ibook g4 crashed using uid 0" or stuff, reseting pmu, holding random buttons like X or S and everything found on the internet... Please help.. Thanks a lot.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

What is the last line of verbose boot before the iBook turns off?

3. amll thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thank you for the replay.
    Well it's hard to see, it's something like "ibook g4 crash using uid 0 0 /System/Library/CoreServices and something" sorry..

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure what that could be. Do you have a Leopard disc to reinstall Leopard?

5. amll thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that tomorrow, and post an update. But i'm wondering is it possible to be HDD issue? Because everything else it's working fine.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It may be a hard drive problem, but I don't think so. Those usually have a different verbose error message and cause the boot to stall or go really slow.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm thinking logicboard myself. The first time I ever had a symptom like the OP describes I was browsing a website and the Mac just froze. I successfully rebooted and logged in only to have it freeze again. Each successive reboot I got less and less far until it just stopped booting alltogether.

8. amll, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

amll thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm currently installing OS X Tiger. It's about 60% complete. I hope it's only corrupted OS..

Yep. Reinstalling Mac OS fixed my problem. Thank you all for the opinions!