ibook G4- need help with installation/space issues

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ramdog, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ramdog macrumors newbie

I have an ibook G4 and my computer was acting very slow so I re-installed OS X. Although it looks as though everything has been erased (i had a lot of music) a sign comes up everytime I try to put pictures or music (or anything rather) onto my computer telling me my disk space is full, and when I look to find old space remnants i cannot find anything. I no long have the installation disks to try re-wiping out everything and starting all over. What can I do?

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

First try checking the disk space and configs in Disk Utility! Then repair permissions!

3. ramdog thread starter macrumors newbie

What next?

I have done disk repair, and I have also erased space. It says I am using all 37.1 GB of space available, however I have nothing- no pictures, no music, no saved data downloaded etc. What should I do next?

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Did you perhaps do an archive and install, I've never personally done one, but its the only thing that comes to mind.

5. ramdog thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I w/out discs?

I'm not seeing how to do an archive/install w/out the installation disks. How do I do this w/out them?

6. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

No.... he's saying if you performed an archive and install in which all your data from the previous Mac OS X is archived and trashed in a folder on your HDD with the new install!