ibook G4 Shuts down all of a sudden completley!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by maclover7777, Aug 2, 2009.

1. maclover7777 macrumors newbie

This is about another Mac Laptop.

It is an Ibook G4 1.42 Mhz. It will run well when plugged in. Though when on battery it will just shut down ever so often. Like every 30 minutes and then more often after that.

I was thinking low battery or bad battery. But I put in a new battery and then it did it still?????

What ideas do you have for this??

I did a test on the battery and I do know it is pretty bad. But I do also know I tested this book with a new batter and it still abruptly shuts off completely.

When I sign back on the clock has to be reset each time.

Besides that.. Everything is good.

THANKs

2. maclover7777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello. I know this might be an old issue.

I was convinced this problem was a logic board but I have been persistent have had taken the battery from another computer and have been doing calibration on the better battery and the other battery too.

Tonight for the first time I have been using the ibook for two whole hours and no shut down so far. The battery is even down to 36 percent. I hope by writing this I am not jinxing anything.

If this turns out to be only a battery issue I will be so happy

3. ricorhino macrumors newbie

G4 ibook random shut down and reset time clock

Hi there maclover7777 - did you sort out this problem?? I have exactly the same problem. Was it the battery or the logic board (alot of the other posts from long time users suggest it is logic board). Thanks Ricorhino:eek: