iBook G4 youtube problem.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jrsx, Nov 2, 2013.

1. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

So I am having this annoying issue on my iBook G4 on youtube. I have tenfourfox, safari, and camino installed, and whenever I go to youtube on safari or camino, the youtube video plays, but there are no pause/play and volume controls (tenfourfox can't use flash, so there is no known error with it). They work and can be pressed, but they aren't visible. I noticed this started happening after I upgraded java to its highest. Its really annoying, and I can't figure out how to stop this. Viewing in HTML5 works on safari and shows all the controls, but when using flash, it doesn't. :confused:
    Thanks in advance!
    -jrsx

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

If html5 works, why not use that? Have you reinstalled flash and java?

3. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

Thanks for the fast reply! I reinstalled java a few mins ago, and that didn't help. I have no idea how to install flash. The reason I can't just use HTML5 is that it isn't supported on Camino, and runs pitifully on tenfourfox.

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

5. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

I will see what I can do and get back to you as soon as I can! Thanks for your help!

6. jrsx, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

OK! Thanks! The install worked, and youtube doesn't have an issue any more! Thanks!