Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwdmeyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I got a 12" ibook the other day and am very happy with it. I open and close the lid of the laptop a lot each day (to save power when not using it etc) and I was just wondering how strong the hinge on these things are. I've seen a few posts about powerbooks breaking but not ibooks.

I just don't want my ibook to break anytime soon. Is there a way I should open the screen to put less pressure on it?

It is my first mac (and laptop) so I really don't want to hurt it! :D

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
mwdmeyer said:
I got a 12" ibook the other day and am very happy with it. I open and close the lid of the laptop a lot each day (to save power when not using it etc) and I was just wondering how strong the hinge on these things are. I've seen a few posts about powerbooks breaking but not ibooks.

I just don't want my ibook to break anytime soon. Is there a way I should open the screen to put less pressure on it?

It is my first mac (and laptop) so I really don't want to hurt it! :D
Be Gentle, and it will last years. The iBook is really quite rugged. I have seen some that have lasted a loooong time, being thrown around and all. It will be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.