Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So I was running a few apps (nothing out of the ordinary) and I had a DVD running and when I tried using expose to check another window it wasnt working. Parts of my OS would work like the upper bar but I couldnt open my dock or anything else. I tried shutting down/restarting but when i hit the power button the screen would come up but the buttons wouldnt do anything. I tried putting it to sleep and awakening it but that also did nothing.

Finally at last resort I had to unplug my ibook and then take out the battery (which I am guessing is terrible for it?) I am not using Tiger, still on Panther, so I don't think it is an OS bug. So what should I do? Was this a one time fluke or should I report it to Apple?

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Well I was running Azureus--does this make a difference? It is the new version 2.3.0

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I don't know, but my iBook froze seriously up on me some weeks ago, in much the same way you described, when I tried BitTorrent for the first time in a while... I just changed to Bits on Wheels and finished the DL... not had a problem since (nor have I really run BoW, but still...) ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.