Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
just wondering if this is normal, there is a prominent bulge near the middle of the keyboard where the "F" keys are located...doesn't seem to make any contact with the screen. thanks

onthat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
I'm guessing none of the 27 people who viewed my post have a fawking clue what the iBook G4 looks like?

I already searched the site and found absolutely nothing on the subject. I gather that means it is uncommon?

Everyone is so concerned with how hot and loud the new line of laptops are...:confused:
:eek: Oh no! lets flood the forums with post after post of identical ********!

Edit: My apologies, I guess I'm just kinda frustrated that pertinent questions go unanswered while Jeff, Bob, and Hank (as well as everyone and their grandmother) are so dedicated to driving a topic into the ground.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
For starters, chill out a bit.

Second, it would be helpful if you included the model of iBook you have...they've changed a bit over the years.

I have a 500 MHz iBook Dual USB...it does not have a bulge in the F keys. I don't believe my 14" 1.2 GHz iBook does either, but I don't have access to it right now to check.

onthat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
I already apologized, 6 hours with no reply on a forum that has hundreds of views every few minutes is kinda rediculous...especially when I'm trying to make the decision to buy a used computer. On top of that, I'm looking at Joe Blow's uninformed post about Macbooks and it's recieved 6 pages of replies within 2 hours.

Again, I'm Sorry.

To answer your question, it is an iBook G4...I listed that information in my second albeit frustrated reply to my own post. I believe it is the 1.2 ghz version, if that helps.

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
onthat said:
I'm guessing none of the 27 people who viewed my post have a fawking clue what the iBook G4 looks like?

I already searched the site and found absolutely nothing on the subject. I gather that means it is uncommon?

Everyone is so concerned with how hot and loud the new line of laptops are...:confused:
:eek: Oh no! lets flood the forums with post after post of identical ********!

Edit: My apologies, I guess I'm just kinda frustrated that pertinent questions go unanswered while Jeff, Bob, and Hank (as well as everyone and their grandmother) are so dedicated to driving a topic into the ground.

that kinda attitude isnt gonna get you out of Louisiana any sooner. Relax.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
bulging F keys never hurt anyone. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as it they work, and don't shift or anything. The metal back plate that they're on can get bent so that may be the cause. Though, this is something I haven't really seen, and by your description, I can't really tell how bad it is. Use your own judgement.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I had a difficult time getting the keyboard tabs in sync when I had to replace the keyboard on my ibook G4 (the most recent model) after putting in new RAM. I don't have the ibook at hand right now, but there is a little hinge that locks the keyboard in place with a half-turn of a small screwdriver. This may be what's causing the slight bulge in the F keys. I have this slight bulge as well, and the keyboard is locked in place. It is normal and from my experience, it is not caused by overheating, so it's not dangerous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.