ibook new hard drive cd rom don't work

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by trekkie28001, Apr 24, 2009.

1. trekkie28001 macrumors newbie

I have a white g3 ibook dual usb. I put in a bigger hard drive and can't install tiger which is a cd not dvd that boots fine in my iMac. Cd drive will not eject with eject (f12) key or fn f12. I have to pull it open manually. I can reset the nvram by booting into firmware and typing reset all. I can't boot up to a screen with a refresh arrow and a right arrow that I can click on but nothing happens. All I get a start up is a folder with a blinkin face question mark.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That's because there are no bootable partitions. You have a CD copy of Tiger? It normally ships on DVD.

3. trekkie28001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have 4 cd disk of tiger that I downloaded. Its boots fine in my imac g3 fruit colors but when it finished installing I get a black dos screen with code 0 installer had to quit please restart and then no symbol icon when rebooted. I have put disk in manually cause I can't get the cdrom to eject but does nothing with holding c to boot. I wonder if my drive stopped working or maybe the cable but it was working fine before I swapped hard drives. I would put the old one back in but I put it in a windows laptop.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, double-check your drive connections. The hard drive and CD-ROM are on the same cable.